Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Take Aways - Rust Belt Artist Belt Conference

"Rust Belt to Artist Belt III took place on April 6th and 7th, 2011, at the A. Alfred Taubman Center, in the delightful Rust Belt City of Detroit, Michigan. We learned a lot from each other, and had a good time talking about the role of the arts in Detroit and other post-industrial cities." http://www.rustbelttoartistbelt.com/



I came away from this conference with many ideas for myself, my business, my church, my ptc, my community and our beloved Detroit. The keynote speakers, Peter Kageyama and Josh Linkner delivered fresh ideas and ways for positive change. Below I am sharing my 'take aways', but there are 8 pages, so I will also provide a quick summary.

Embrace being the underdog.
Do great work and be proud.
The one who tells the best story - wins.
Promote yourself, your city and what you support.
Become one of the 1% that gets things done.
Playful makes people smile.
Stop going to "work". Go to "play".
Commit to your city's soul.

{please forgive penmanship, spelling, doodles and spills}